Hi! Happy Sunday :)
I hope you have all been having fantastic weekends! To be honest, ours has been a little lame so far which I am totally okay with. We rented a movie on Friday night and then I finished The Host (so good!) while Kyle watched the NFL Playoff games last night. I think we’ve officially hit old age :/
I only had 10 things that I
wanted needed to get done this weekend and, as you can see, I have made a lot of progress. Yay for productive – albeit lame - weekends!
- GET BETTER! – In progress… I have a weird sneezing/cold thing going on now but it’s SO much better than the flu I had last week!
- Run a few errands (grocery store and Target) – Check!
- Complete two easy elliptical workouts – 1/2 Check!
- Bake – In Progress!
- See Promised Land – Maybe this afternoon!
- Work on a guest post I have coming up in late February/early March – Hopefully tonight :)
- Hit up the drycleaners – Check!
- Shop for my Foodie Pen Pal :) – Check! (And more to come on this at the end of the month!!)
- Stop by the Mills’ City Winter Farmers’ Market – Check! Kyle even bought some delicious macaroons :)
- Buy a new computer – FINALLY Check!
Check out this awesome birthday gift (Laura is super on top of things… my birthday isn’t for 2 more weeks!) I got from my sister and her husband last week – an Aqua Zinger! They also gave me a pair of lifting gloves – The calluses I’m forming from CrossFit are not suitable for my lady-like hands ;)
I added the Aqua Zinger to my Amazon Wish List for a few reasons:
- I love water.
- I love flavored water.
- I hate the additives and sugar and who knows what that typically come with flavored water.
Basically, you put whatever fruit you desire in the bottom of the cup and then insert the mesh chopper. This mashes the fruit but doesn’t allow pulp or seeds to enter your water. Next you fill the water bottle up with water and voila! Tasty water!
Right now I’m drinking lemon-infused water. I bought some blueberries and strawberries for this week and I can’t wait until watermelon and basil come back into season – watermelon-basil-infused water sounds heavenly!
Since I didn’t cook ANYTHING last week, my meal plan looks really similar to my last weekly goals post :) I definitely saved a lot of money on groceries this week! My overall health goal this week is to continue to get 100% better. I don’t want to push myself too hard with exercise and I need to get a lot of sleep (this is per usual though!) so that I don’t catch all of the flu viruses that are circulating my office. I am really missing CrossFit since I haven’t been since last Saturday and even though I am still paying for the time that I am missing (ugh…), I know that it is the best decision for my health.
Weekly Meal Plan
- Sunday: Baked Sesame Chicken
- Monday: Butternut Glazed Orecchiette with Ricotta
- Tuesday: Pork and Pineapple Stirfry
- Wednesday: Superfood Salad with Shrimp (Iowa Girl Eats)
- Thursday: Leftovers :)
- Friday: Out for Dinner
- Saturday: TBD
Weekly Fitness Plan
- Sunday: Elliptical
- Monday: Rest
- Tuesday: CrossFit
- Wednesday: Rest
- Thursday: CrossFit
- Friday: Elliptical
- Saturday: CrossFit
What are your health goals this week? Have you been avoiding all of the germs circulating your schools and offices lately?