Hi! Happy Wednesday!
Guess what! I was FINALLY feeling up to a hard workout yesterday and showed up at CrossFit for the first time in over a week. Yay! I didn’t think my fellow CrossFitters would appreciate me sharing my germs at the box plus I didn’t want to push my body too hard while I was still recovering over the last week. I felt SO much better after my workout – What a great feeling! I am bummed I missed Karen (150 WB shots for time) on Monday but am glad to be back in the swing of things :)
In lieu of a fitness post today, I am going to share with you my favorite beauty products of the moment! (In each of the “Image Source” links, you can find a website where you can purchase these items!)
1. Logona Organic Aloe Exfoliating Cream – I LOVE this face wash. I tend to have oily skin and this keeps my skin from getting too shiny but also doesn’t dry it out! The tiny exfoliating beads are a bonus and wake me up in the morning :) Logona’s entire line is catered to a variety of skin types so whether you have oily skin or not, you should check them out!
2. Korres Advanced Brightening Sleeping Facial, Wild Rose + Vitamin C - My friend recommended this facial moisturizer to me earlier this fall and it has kept my face soft and supple throughout the dry, Minnesota winter! I’m not a huge fan of rose-smelling lotions but was pleasantly surprised by the light scent this moisturizer has. I also swear that my skin is brighter and looks refreshed when I use this product at night. Amazing!
3. Phyto Skin & Hair Supplements –
I have awful nails I have amazing nails AND hair thanks to this product! My nails use to be so brittle that they would break and peel while I was using a keyboard (pathetic…) but now, thanks to 2 little pills each morning, they are strong and grow so quickly that I actually have to cut them between manicures. It is a miracle, people!
4. Aveda Hand Relief - Remember those dry, cold Minnesotan winters I mentioned above? Yep, those winters also do a number on your skin. Some mornings I wake up and I think my hands may actually have dried up and disappeared. Gross. Anyways, this hand cream keeps the skin covering my phalanges nice and smooth all year long :) Plus, the smell – like ALL Aveda products – is amazing.
5. Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base - I use this primer EVERYDAY, whether or not I decide to wear my powder foundation. It moisturizes my face but doesn’t give it a greasy look or feel. It also helps to keep my aforementioned oil at bay, not to mention my makeup in place, ALL DAY LONG. I seriously recommend this product to anyone that has even slightly oily skin. It is a game changer! I also use Bobbi’s Hydrating Eye Cream which helps to reduce AM puffiness.
6. Dior New Show Mascara - I am not blessed with perfect eyelashes. They are actually fairly long but the tips are blonde. WTF, right? Anyways, if I want to look like I have any eyelashes at all, I have to wear mascara. I’ve tried pretty much every brand under the sun and have settled with Dior. I know that it is pricey and that I have to buy it frequently but trust me, it is worth it! Perfect eyelashes every time and this Dior mascara includes vitamins that enrich your eyelashes. Mine actually look stronger when I take off my mascara at night.
7. Tresemme Tres Two Hair Spray - I have been known to throw an expensive hairspray or two into my cart. Thankfully, I no longer have the need! Tresemme’s hair spray holds my shiny locks in place without giving me a freeze-dried look better than the expensive brands I use to purchase. It also doesn’t have a strong scent so your perfume will shine through :)
8. Wine Wipes – Let me set up a scenario… You’re out for dinner and enjoying a glass or two of red wine. You excuse yourself to use the restroom and you realize that your pearly whites are the color of dirty water – GROSS! What are you going to do? Wine wipes, my friends, wine wipes. My mom gave me these last Christmas and they have come in useful so many times since! They come in a small container that will fit into even the smallest of clutches, making it easy to take them wherever your wine adventures take you. The taste did take me a little to get use to but the results are worth it. White teeth after, what was it, your 4th glass of vino? Yes, please!
9. Neutrogena Body Wash, Pink Grapefruit - With my frequent sweaty workouts, my skin has the tendency to misbehave. Neutrogena’s body wash not only keeps my skin clear of blemishes without being overly drying, it also smells like delicious grapefruit! This product is part of my daily regimen and I don’t know what I would do without it!
10. Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) - You are probably wondering why I’ve listed hydrogen peroxide as a beauty essential. Am I right? Well, it is one of my favorites and the most economical beauty product I have in my cabinet! I, probably like a lot of you, use Crest White Strips once per year to make sure my teeth are bright white. For my whitening needs the other 50 weeks throughout the year, I use hydrogen peroxide. Twice per week, I use the stuff as mouth wash. This does take some getting use to… It bubbles and fizzes a lot and if you have a cut in your mouth, it will sting. But for $0.89 per bottle, this is the cheapest whitening agent you will ever find! It is the main ingredient in any over-the-counter whitening product and works wonders.
What are some of your favorite beauty products? What do you like to splurge and/or save on?