**Have you entered my giveaway yet?? If not, head on over and check it out – you won’t want to miss it!**
I’d be more excited that it were Friday if I weren’t sick. I have the SOREST throat I have ever had in my entire life and I actually feel like I am swallowing knives and being stabbed in the ears when I yawn and/or swallow. Dramatic? Maybe but I’m honestly not exaggerating. True? Definitely. I will be heading to the doctor again (yes, again – they wouldn’t give me anything on Wednesday but now that I am getting worse, I think they can prescribe me some sort of drug…) this afternoon if I am not feeling better. Ugh… Winter 2012/2013 has been the worst for germs. I am rarely sick, like basically never, but I’ve been sick TWICE in the past month. I blame my new job and the new germs that are successfully infiltrating my immune system. Blech.
ANYWAYS. Enough of the personal, sickly details. Since I have had zero energy this week, I didn’t come up with an exciting post for you all today. And I definitely didn’t have any wine this week to share with you… although it might have helped with the pain ;)
Today, I am going to FINALLY share with you a few blogging awards that I’ve won! Okay, I’ll be honest, they aren’t real awards. They’re fun awards from some of my best bloggin’ pals and I have not actually taken part in any of them. I’m lame.
The way these awards work is that you write some random facts about yourself and then answer the questions that the blogger who nominated you created – It is a fun way for your readers to get to know you better. You then create your own questions and nominate some of your favorite bloggers. Since I am lame (see above) I am just going to answer a variety of questions from all of these awards. Sound like a plan? Good.
First, a few questions from Haley…
- If you had to wear a uniform every day and could only get creative with one article of clothing, what would it be? – I am so NOT creative with my apparel. I seriously need a personal stylist – is anyone looking for a job? I guess if I had to choose, it would be shoes AND handbags. I hope I can have two! Those are my two money-snatching nemeses and I have waaaaay too many of each :)
- What’s your favorite perfume? Of if you don’t wear perfume, what’s your favorite scent? – I am currently wearing DOT by Marc Jacobs and love it! I also love Miss Cherie by Dior.
- If you could be the voice of a Disney character, which character would you choose? - Ariel, hands down! The Little Mermaid is basically my all-time favorite movie and I’ve always wanted to be able to sing. On a side note, I started CrossFit with a girl named Ariel and can now only think of that movie when I see her ;)
Now, a few questions from Danielle…
- What was the first blog you started following? - Iowa Girl Eats. I’m an Iowa girl and Kristin has THE best recipes!
- How tall are you? - 5’4″ on a good day. I’m short, what can I say?
- If you could live anywhere, where would it be? - Lots of places! I would love to live in France for a year, California for sure (Southern California is basically Heaven and I know I would love northern California for the wine!), NYC for a brief stint and definitely Chicago. Without revealing TOO much detail, hopefully one of these will become reality in a few months!! :)
Third, time for questions from Erica…
- What is your biggest pet peeve? – I have SO many – does this make me a bad person? People walking slowly, people who are oblivious to the world and/or think they are more important than everyone else, loud neighbors, soggy bread served at restaurants (I refuse to eat this BTW!)… the list goes on!
- Beer, wine, or neither? – It totally depends on my mood! Sometimes I could use a cold one and other days I just need a good glass of vino.
- Who would play you in a movie on your life? - The Notebook star, Rachel McAdams. Love her! I’ve also been told that I kind of look like her but I don’t see any resemblance.
And last, but definitely not least, Carly’s section! The Beautiful Blogger Award requires you to share a few, random facts about yourself so here goes…
- The three things I hate wearing the most are: makeup, pants (like jeans and work pants, not sweats) and bras. They are the first things to come off after work! My favorite days are the ones where I don’t need to put on any of the three – don’t judge!
- I got my dog, Mitchell, when I was 21. BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE. He’s always been a cute, loving furball but a puppy is way too much work for a college student. He’s so worth it now though. I feel this is what parents say about babies too………
- Kyle, my husband, was suuuuper creepy when I first met him – Thank goodness he’s cute ;) (Cuteness must be my downfall, see #2.) We started our MBA program together and during a high ropes course (where you do somewhat terrifying physical feats with a team in order to build trust and comradery), he made some comment about how I looked while balancing on a rope 30 feet in the air. Were you staring at my behind? Creep. He then proceeded to ask me to go on a run with him that night. I’m nice so I agreed and, well, the rest is history. BTW, I think he has run less than 5 times since our “first date.” Love you, sweetie!! :)
Since I know he’s going to give me trouble about #3, here are some photos of us over the years! Oh the memories :)
Vegas Fall 2012 - Go Bears!
Temecula Valley Fall 2011 – Wine Tour
We’re Married! May 1, 2010
Being us at the reception :P
First Summer in Minneapolis – June 2009
Graduation (AKA saddest day of my life…) May 2009
Spring Break 2008 – Ft. Lauderdale, Florida!
I have no energy to proofread so I apologize for all of the typos!!
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!