I was originally planning to post about CrossFit today but yesterday I came across two inspirational quotes – one I found online, the other was shared by my yoga instructor – that I want to share with you.
But before I get to the quotes, yesterday was also the last day of Jamie’s Intuitive Eating Challenge and the beginning of my own intuitive living journey.
I’ve learned so much from Jamie over the past 21 days. Her focus hasn’t solely been around food, she has guided me – as well as the other participants – to learn to live from the inside out, to intuitively live my life.
She has taught us that we need to love and accept ourselves before we can truly begin to trust our bodies to guide us intuitively.
She has taught us that it is okay to make mistakes and to take a few steps backwards – it is all a part of the journey.
She has taught us to trust ourselves. To trust our cravings, to trust that our bodies will tell us when we are hungry and when we are full. To trust our ability to know what is best for us. No one else knows what you are feeling or thinking or experiencing on the inside besides you so no one knows what is best for you, besides you!
She has taught us to let our bodies guide us, whether it be with our food choices, our fitness routine, our career, our entire lives. Our bodies and minds are extremely intelligent and will guide each of us to where we should be if we only allow ourselves to listen.
I am so thankful for Jamie’s guidance and cannot wait to begin living my own intuitive journey through life!
I found this first quote online yesterday morning and immediately saw its relation to living intuitively. Once you love yourself, you learn to let go of all of the things that do not benefit you – You honor your mind, your body and your spirit.
The second quote that was shared by my yoga instructor resonated with me for hours after my class. Too often we take the little miracles in our lives for granted. Because of this, I’ve made a list of all of the little miracles I’ve been thankful for this week.
- My first handstand in CrossFit – It was against a wall and I didn’t hold it for very long but I. DID. IT.
- Jamie and her life-changing Intuitive Eating Challenge.
- An email I received from Haley earlier this week. It was about a retreat we will both be attending in May and her short note made my day :) Never think that the small actions you take won’t have a big impact on others.
- My body and that it allows me to do handstands, to practice yoga, to run. I really need to treat it better in return for all of the miracles it performs for me on a daily basis.
- My mom and her willingness to send me recipes multiple times because I tend to not write them down :) Her patience is incredible.
- Kyle and his love of wine. Yesterday morning before work I saw him seated at our kitchen island with a Surdyk’s wine sale catalog, a wine and food pairing guide and a pen in hand planning his wine purchases. It gave me a HUGE smile.
I’ll end this post with my second quote. From Thich Nhat Hanh:
“People usually consider walking on water or in thin air a miracle. But I think the real miracle is not to walk either on water or in thin air, but to walk on earth. Every day we are engaged in a miracle which we don’t even recognize: a blue sky, white clouds, green leaves, the black, curious eyes of a child – our own two eyes. All is a miracle.”
I hope you all have wonderfully happy and fulfilling weekends!
What are some things that you were thankful for this week?