Good morning from Iowa! I woke up to a bit of a different view than what I’m use to seeing…
That -8 degrees was, errr…., “refreshing” as I stepped off of the plane late last night. Phew! While checking in at the Southwest counter yesterday, the attendant asked Kyle and I if we had a nice visit in SW Florida. We laughed and told him that we lived here. He gave us the craziest look, questioning our decision to go back to Iowa in February and said: “Well, sometimes you just gotta go there, I guess.” LOL.
But don’t worry, I dressed for the weather ;)
Anyways, how about some favs from the week?
1. The conversation on yesterday’s post – I LOVED it!! I will never understand why talking finances (while leaving your personal numbers private) is so taboo. I love hearing how other couples manage their money. If you’re looking for some ideas, head on over and read through the comments – I loved seeing the different perspectives!
2. A few links…
- 18 annoying fitness myths that just won’t die – Thanks to Sammy’s post on Facebook
- This gem sent to me by Laura made me LOL and almost spit out my ginger ale on the plane
- Mmm… This cold weather has me craving an easy and delicious soup!
3. I PASSED!!! My gestational diabetes test, that is :) WAHOO! Thank goodness too… I have some nasty bruises from where they drew blood. I don’t know how I could get a bruise on the inside of my elbow, outside of my elbow, and halfway down my forearm from a single needle stick. Ouch! Oh, and because people always ask, I had the lemon flavor. It tasted like a syrupy Sprite – Not too bad actually but it made me feel like junk about 40 minutes after chugging it.
4. BODYPUMP93. LOVE IT! The music is much better than 92 and I just think it is really fun. Although watch out for the triceps, lunge, and shoulder tracks… Those are going to be burners!
5. Visiting family and friends in Iowa. Yes, it may be freezing, but Kyle and I were trying to recall the last time we were here and we couldn’t remember… Last Christmas maybe? On the agenda… Manicure with my sister, visiting ISU for a onesie and to talk with my college advisor, baby shower, eating at The Cafe (If you’ve been to Ames, you know what I’m talking about!)… and more that I’m sure I am forgetting!
I hope y’all have a wonderful weekend and STAY WARM if you’re anywhere near me ;)