Oh heyyyy, TODDLER in the house!!
My wild man Dean is officially out of the baby zone and into his toddler years. He’s starting to show it too between eating like a big boy and having a few “toddler moments” <– they’re kind of like senior moments but with screaming and arm flailing happening ;)
Here is what Mr. Deany has been up to the past month!
You can find his previous updates here:
- Eleven Month Update
- Ten Month Update
- Nine Month Update
- Eight Month Update
- Seven Month Update
- Six Month Update
- Five Month Update
- Four Month Update
- Three Month Update
- Two Month Update
- One Month Update
- Welcome Dean!
- Weight: 19 pounds 15 ounces – Probably over 20 pounds as I type this post, he’s been an eating machine!
- Length: 30 inches
- Head Circumference: I believe it is around the 40th percentile but that is all I remember.
- EATING!! (FINALLY!) His current favorites include: broccoli, Cheerios, zucchini, Swiss cheese, Goldfish crackers, popcorn, yogurt, blue tortilla chips (he doesn’t get these often), chicken breast, and steak.
- Playing with Mitchell – Dean likes it more than Mitchell at this point ;)
- Throwing balls.
- Walking with anything he can push – his walker, chairs, end tables, LOL…
- Having conversations – He sure knows what he is saying and we just play along!
- Riding in shopping carts.
- Being on the move, the kid doesn’t sit still… ever!
- The beach/swimming – Little fishy.
- Reading books
- Kissing Mom and Dad – He thinks it is hilarious when he tries to kiss us.
- Playing in Mitchell’s food/water bowls (UGH)
- Diaper changes – Thankfully, giving him a toy helps to distract him.
- The car seat – We transitioned to a convertible car seat and he doesn’t like it as much as his infant one.
- Not being able to crawl around when he wants to.
- Wearing hats, including a bike helmet – I force it when we are outside at the pool or beach but he does not like it!
Places I’ve been:
- Ft. Myers to see friends in town!
- Grandpa Mark & Sharon
- Nama & Pops
- Friends for his 1st birthday party!
- Deany Bopper
- Dean Man
Dean is a toddler – YAY! We made it through the first year mostly unscathed ;) His first birthday party was on his actual birthday – May 14th – and it was a lot of fun with family and friends. He loved the attention and the frosting even more.
Right now Dean is super into toy cars and sports balls. He loves driving the cars/trucks around the house and throwing the balls to anyone nearby. Both will keep him busy for hours!
Dean now has FOUR teeth – He’s super slow with the whole teething process but he’ll get there eventually. Thankfully, he has really started to LOVE eating (FINALLY!) real food and eats basically whatever we eat. I am doing a “veggie of the week” since it can sometimes take up to 15 tries of the same food for a baby/toddler to start to like the new flavor. We’ve done zucchini and green peppers so far… and he gets broccoli every week because he loves it so much. He’s also a big fan of Cheerios, bananas, and yogurt for breakfast. Swiss cheese is also a favorite around here! He has figured out the sippy cup (both the straw and regular versions) and loves drinking milk from them!
Dean is still nursing 2x/day – I am cutting it back to 1x/day this week with the goal of being 100% done by July. That’ll mark basically TWO years of having this kid tied to me between pregnancy and breastfeeding and – while I love the dude – I would like to have my body be 100% my own again. LOL. I am impressed with how long I lasted (not a brag, just impressed with myself!) – My initial goal was to make it to 3 months and when I hit that, 6 months… then 9 months and then I figured I was so close to the year mark I might as well stick it out. BUT I am ready to be done so his time is limited ;)
This kid does not like to sit still… ever! He is constantly on the move and I fear the day he starts walking (probably running, LOL). He’s a speed crawler and is standing for a few seconds at a time but he still prefers crawling as his main method of movement.
Sleep is hit or miss – Some nights he does REALLY well and others not so much. The “bad” nights have been coinciding with teething or colds which is understandable. Tylenol almost always makes it a good night but I don’t like to overuse it so I only give him a dose if he seems to be in pain. Soon enough he’ll be able to talk and tell us what is wrong!
Dean LOVES the beach and the pool and his water table… heck, any body of water and he is a happy camper. His doctor doesn’t recommend swimming lessons until he can walk so I am holding off until the end of the summer for those. We take him to the pool and to the beach at least once each per week so he stays comfortable with the water. He loves splashing and kicking – We may have a swim team member on our hands.
He is still a chill little dude and doesn’t get worked up about most things. He does let us know when he doesn’t like something – mostly that happens when we are holding him and he wants to be crawling around.
Between Dean’s birthday, our 6th wedding anniversary, my first Mother’s Day and a few more things, we celebrated a lot this past month! Here’s to year two – I hope it is as good as the first one :)