We are excited to welcome Little Brother into our family in June!
I was (not-so) secretly hoping for a second boy – I had images of bunk beds and a baseball-themed room and brothers in my head, PLUS boy meant we didn’t need any new baby items. Although, let’s be real, if it were a baby sister on the way, she’d end up wearing lots of blue ;-)
Thankfully, a second boy it is – Deany gets a brother and mama gets her bunk beds!
We’ve had family and friends offer to show throw us a baby shower for the little guy, but because we need NOTHING, we’ve kindly turned down offers.
That being said, we do have a bit of a “wishlist” as our family grows. Most of these are all wants rather than needs (besides diapers!), but it is still fun to look!
So, here is our wishlist for Baby Boy #2.
1. Diapers. Obviously. We used Pampers brand with Dean until he was a size 4 then we switched to Target Up & Up brand which has worked well for us. We are hoping they work just as well this time around.
2. Pacifiers. Again, I’m stating the obvious here. Glow in the dark is KEY if you ask me ;-)
3. Instant Pot. Okay, you can laugh. But seriously, this thing can make shredded chicken in about 15 minutes. SOLD. Quick meals are lifesavers with toddlers and babies… Yup, totally on the wishlist.
4. PacaPod Madison Leather Baby Bag. DROOL. How gorgeous is this diaper bag?! I know, I know… the price tag is hefty but when you will be carrying something every. single. day. for at least two years, it is worth it! I also love that this can be adjusted to be a shoulder bag or a backpack. I’ve been eyeing baby bag backpacks lately and would love to carry this beauty around daily.
5. Summer Infant Baby Monitor. This is more of a need on our list. Our current Motorola baby monitor is AWFUL. It never keeps signal and beeps LOUDLY when it loses connection with the camera… which is typically right when I’m falling asleep so it not only wakes me but also Dean. Lovely. I can’t wait to throw it away and hopefully replace it with this monitor that comes with glowing reviews!
6. City Select Double Stroller. I do NOT like wide strollers. You know, the ones with two seats side by side. They don’t fit on sidewalks, you can’t walk past them, and they’re just HUGE. I wasn’t sure a “double decker” stroller existed but some mama’s in my mom group pointed me to the City Select. The price tag is hefty, but again, this is something that we will be using for years. I like the multiple configurations for this one and considering we can go on walks outside 365 days/year in Florida, it is worth it!
7. City Select Double Stroller Carseat Adapter. We gotta be able to connect the infant car seat to the stroller… A little add on to #6 :-)
That’s what is on our list currently… I am looking for recommendations for a RUNNING stroller for 2 kiddos. We won’t need it until around December 2017 as I like to wait 6-ish months before running with little ones. If you have any recommendations, I’m all ears!
Second time mama’s, what was/is on your baby wish list?