**Congrats to Alicia on winning the giveaway! Check your inbox – Everyone else, if you can get your hands on this protein powder, don’t delay… It is amazing!**
With the 4th of July right around the corner, it is safe to say we are in full summer mode here in the United States! Whether your summer involves copious amount of pool/beach time, ice cream to cool down, or long evening bike rides in the glorious evening sun, summer is most definitely a time for fun.
With all of the summer fun upon us, it is important to remember to sneak in a little bit of healthy each day ;) Trust me, I love ice cream and popsicles and a cold drink as much as the next girl, but in life we gotta balance our treats to continue living our healthiest lives.
Today I am sharing FOUR easy tips – life hacks if you like, to living a balanced and healthy life in the summer months. Healthy living doesn’t have to be restrictive or boring, a little action goes quite far!
1. Fit movement into each and every day. This is an EASY one to implement in the summer… No snow/ice/cold for us to turn to the sofa rather than moving around outside. Take an evening walk after dinner. Go on a run with your girlfriends. Take a walk on the beach during your vacation. Join a cycle club and join them for a weekly bike ride. Walk to the park (or around the park!) with your kiddos. These small actions add up quickly. Movement is so important to our health – It doesn’t need to be crazy intense, just get out there and move what yo mama gave ya for 30 minutes a day. Your body will thank you for it!
2. Smile. Don’t you just FEEL better when you smile? Smile at yourself in the mirror. Smile at a stranger walking down the sidewalk. Smile at your fitness instructor (Okay, okay… This is a personal plug – I like smiles in my classes!). Smile at your neighbor… the mailman… the grocery store cashier… Just smile! I guarantee it will make you a happier person and those around you happier as well. As the saying goes, happy wife happy life – Spread the happy love and you’ll be feeling healthier in no time!
3. Relax. Summer can be BUSY. Heck, life can be busy. It is important to take the time to slowwwww down, especially in the summer months. Even if a vacation is not in your future, take a weekend to yourself. Get your nails done, sleep in (HAHAHHAHHAHA <– not in my destiny right now!), make your favorite meal – Do what makes you feel best! Or, as I like to say, treat yourself :) Our mental health is so important to our overall health and it is important to give our bodies and minds time to decompress.
4. Finally – last but most definitely not least – eat well. I’m not saying you have to avoid the fun treats like ice cream and BBQ parties and that glass of wine waiting for you at happy hour. If you make mostly good decisions when it comes to food, you can have those treats without your body retaliating, LOL. Lean protein, fruits and veggies, whole grains and complex carbs… They do a body good! One of my favorite healthy treats the past month has been protein waffles made with Bob’s Red Mill Protein Nutritional Booster.
1/3 cup Bob’s Red Mill + 1 egg + dash of baking soda + 1/4 cup water… Mix and cook in your waffle maker until done! Over 20 grams of FILLING protein and lotsa fiber in a delicious “treat” :) These nutritional boosters are also vegan AND gluten-free.
I’m excited to announce that I have partnered with Bob’s Red Mill to giveaway one 16 ounce bag of your flavor choice (Chai, Vanilla, Chocolate or the Protein & Fiber Booster), valued at $30!
You will receive an entry for each of the following options – Just leave a comment below for EACH step completed!
- Liking Bob’s Red Mill and Olives ‘n Wine on Facebook
- Sharing the giveaway on Facebook, tagging Bob’s Red Mill and Olives ‘n Wine
- Following Bob’s Red Mill and Olives ‘n Wine on Instagram
- Sharing the giveaway on Instagram, tagging Bob’s Red Mill, Olives ‘n Wine and using #summerstrong and #fuelyourawesomeness
- Re-gramming one of Bob’s Red Mill’s photos
- Following Bob’s Red Mill and Olives ‘n Wine on Pinterest
I will randomly select a winner on Tuesday, July 5th. If you just can’t wait to try Bob’s Red Mill, here is a coupon for you to use this holiday weekend!
How are you living your healthiest summer? Any fun health tips you’d like to add to my list?