Oh, hey! Long time, no chat. I took a little – and much needed – bloggin’ break… Kyle was in Chicago for the last 10 (count ’em, TEN) days. And then I got sick – not super sick, just can’t breathe through my nose sick, so after wrangling a toddler and working all day the last thing I wanted to do was type on the ol’ computer.
BUT – no need to fear – I’m back today with a little update on what I’ve been up to the past few days. Spoiler alert: It’s not THAT exciting ;)
1. Beach time x2. My little fishy loves the beach so we took full advantage one evening this week and then this afternoon. It was gorgeous!
2. Carb cycling. I’m going to do a solo post on what carb cycling entails, but basically, it is alternating higher carb and lower carb days without reducing your total calorie intake. This forces your body to burn fat for fuel rather than your normal carb intake. It is NOT to be done for a long period of time and the program I am following is 13 days in total – I’m on day 10 now and I am most definitely seeing great results. The eating is a little boring but my eating is always a little boring when Kyle is out of town… Also, one of the main reasons I’m trying this is because of #3.
3. I have officially weaned Dean. Poor dude. I decided it was time since he is now 13 months old and I continued to get horrific colds (and couldn’t take decongestants so they turned into never ending sinus infections…) and just wanted my body back for myself after almost 2 years of pregnancy/breastfeeding. Phew. He actually took to it fairly well. I have a pretty large stash in the freezer so he still gets a bottle before bed but other than that, he’s on 100% solid foods. Trying to get rid of my body’s milk supply is another story… Apparently it can take months (MONTHS…) for your supply to decline to 0%. Really? Why was I so concerned about pumping all of these months?! Anyways, enter carb cycling – I figure reducing my carb intake might help reduce my milk supply too. I’m not certain it is helping but it can’t be hurting.
4. Sleeping through the night. No joke – The day after I cut Dean off, he started sleeping through the night. GO. FIGURE. No more mama comforting, no more waking.
5. Shopping. Shopping. Shopping! How do you pass the time with a toddler in the extreme heat? Indoor activities like spending money, LOL. New shoes. New tank. Lotsa new gear for mama and baby. Oh and a solo Target trip for mama on Saturday night + mani/pedi time – WINNING.
6. GYM TIME and running!! Of course! We launched BODYPUMP98 this past weekend and it is SO much fun! I’ve also been trying a few new-to-me classes from Les Mills like BODYATTACK (<– basically aerobics on speed, LOL) and CXWORX (holy core). I really want to try GRIT – Any GRIT instructors want to move to Naples and work for me?!
7. Pineapple Coconut Spark!!!!!!!!!! (<– yes, it warrants that many explanation points!) O to the M to the G. It’s like a healthy pina colada in my shaker bottle. So freakin’ good! It sold out in just over 50 hours – 154,000 boxes if I remember correctly. That’s insane! Anyways, I snagged 5 of ’em and am stocked for at least a few weeks. Fingers crossed they make this a permanent flavor like they did Limeade Spark!
8. Dean’s 1 year photos! Did I mention these here yet? I can’t remember. Anyways, they turned out pretty cute even though he was a little turd during our session. I ordered 2 canvases so I can finally complete my Dean hallway!
9. Deany photos for Dad. I took A LOT of photos this week – Okay, I always take a lot of photos… but I took more than normal to send to Kyle ;) Here’s a glimpse at a few of em’!
Tell me, what have YOU been up to the past couple of weeks?